Introduction and specs
Vivo determined to launch a few of its gaming-oriented iQOO telephones globally this yr, with the iQOO 7 Legend representing the Chinese language vanilla iQOO 7 whereas the worldwide iQOO 7 stands for the iQOO Neo5. The topic of this hands-on overview is the Legend. And the latter provides you just about the whole lot you’d need from a gaming smartphone.
An HRR OLED panel is at hand, ticking at 120Hz, and all these pixels are powered by the Snapdragon 888 chipset. And for a whole multimedia expertise, the telephone contains a set of loud stereo audio system, too. Sadly, no 3.5mm audio jack, which is considerably nonetheless an ordinary for gaming gadgets.
vivo iQOO 7 Legend specs at a look:
- Physique: 162.2×75.8×8.7mm, 210g; Glass back and front, steel body.
- Show: 6.62″ AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1300 nits (peak), 1080x2376px decision, 19.8:9 side ratio, 394ppi; All the time-on show.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm): Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680; Adreno 660.
- Reminiscence: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software program: Android 11, Funtouch 11.1 (Worldwide), OriginOS (China).
- Rear digicam: Broad (fundamental): 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS; Telephoto: 13 MP, f/2.5, 50mm, 1/2.8″, 0.8µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom; Extremely huge angle: 13 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 16mm.
- Entrance digicam: 16 MP, f/2.0, (huge).
- Video seize: Rear digicam: 4K @ 60fps, 1080p @ 60fps, gyro-EIS; Entrance digicam: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 4000mAh; Quick charging 120W, 100% in 15 min (marketed) – China, Quick charging 66W – Worldwide.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (beneath show, optical); Strain-sensitive areas on the show; NFC.
Plainly vivo hasn’t ignored the digicam division too. The iQOO 7 Legend is without doubt one of the few gaming telephones to supply a correct telephoto digicam. Positive, it goes as much as simply 2x optical zoom, but it surely’s higher than cropping from the principle digicam. The ultrawide can be 13MP as an alternative of the generally used 8MP, whereas the principle 48MP cam boasts OIS. It is evident even from the specs sheet that the telephone’s digicam setup is succesful and versatile, successful a few bonus factors in opposition to the competitors.
The weak hyperlink within the present setup would most likely be the battery. A few years in the past, a 4,000 mAh unit would have been simply sufficient, however immediately, 5,000 mAh batteries are near turning into customary for a gaming telephone. To compensate for the dearth of juice, vivo has carried out as much as 120W quick charging that may top-off the battery in simply quarter-hour. Nevertheless, solely the Chinese language mannequin ships with the mentioned 120W charger, whereas the worldwide one comes bundled with a 66W charger. Vivo says it is as a consequence of rules and the 120W charger simply is not appropriate exterior of China.
The pricing of the system is one in all its strongest fits. The beginning worth in India is INR 39,990, which is a reasonably whole lot contemplating the powerhouse that the iQOO 7 Legend is. And as of now, and one in all its direct rivals on the Indian market is the OnePlus 9R, and it shapes as much as be a greater deal than that. As soon as the iQOO 7 Legend leaves the Indian market too, there are the Pink Magic 6 and Black Shark 4 lurking within the corners.
Unboxing the iQOO 7 Legend
As we already talked about, the worldwide variant ships with a 66W-rated charger, together with a USB-A to USB-C cable for knowledge switch and charging, in fact.
Vivo additionally included a becoming protecting case. It is form of glossy-looking, slippery and does not match very properly too. It does look form of good and clear, although, and would most likely do till the aftermarket circumstances seem.