Realme currently has been refreshing its machine lineup in fairly uncommon methods. As an alternative of striving for straight year-over-year upgrades to the identical common mannequin strains, the principle objective is to stay, as shut as potential, to a given value level after which simply determine what options at the moment slot in mentioned MSRP. Selection and selection past which might be lined by always introducing new fashions and slotting them creatively into the prevailing lineup. It is a system that leaves behind a complicated sea of gadgets and typically results in some “side grades” as an alternative of clear-cut “upgrades”.
Working example – the Realme 8 Professional, we lately reviewed, which notably gained a brand new 108MP digital camera over its predecessor, but additionally misplaced a couple of issues just like the stereo speaker, the water-repellent coating and slashed charging and selfie decision. You get the purpose.
The vanilla Realme 8 was created in a lot the identical means – the producer began with the $210, or so MSRP of its predecessor and match no matter it may inside the finances. Fortunately, nevertheless, in contrast to the Realme 8 Professional or the Realme 8 5G, which needed to make some compromises for his or her respective 108MP digital camera and 5G headline options, the vanilla Realme 8 is, on paper, a straight improve.
Realme 8 specs at a look:
- Physique: 160.6×73.9×8.0mm, 177g; Glass entrance, plastic body, plastic again.
- Show: 6.40″ Tremendous AMOLED, 1000 nits (peak), 1080x2400px decision, 20:9 side ratio, 411ppi; All the time-on show.
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm): Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G76 MC4.
- Reminiscence:64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM; UFS 2.1; microSDXC (devoted slot).
- OS/Software program: Android 11, Realme UI 2.0.
- Rear digital camera: Huge (primary): 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.73″, 0.8µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.3, 119, 16mm, 1/4.0″, 1.12µm; Macro: 2 MP, f / 2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f / 2.4.
- Entrance digital camera: 16 MP, f/2.5, (huge), 1/3.0″, 1.0µm.
- Video seize: Rear digital camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS; Entrance digital camera: 1080p @ 30 / 120fps, gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Quick charging 30W, 50% in 26 min, 100% in 65 min (marketed).
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (underneath show, optical); NFC; FM radio; 3.5mm jack.
Nicely, a opposite case may theoretically be made for the lack of the 90Hz refresh charge. Nonetheless, we might personally take the brand new Tremendous AMOLED panel of the Realme 8 any day, with its good blacks and an marketed 1000 nits of peak brightness.
The brand new show is arguably the most important change over the worldwide model of the Realme 7. The brand new Realme 8 additionally borrows its 64MP Quad-Bayer primary digital camera from the Asian model of the Realme 7, which constitutes one other improve over the 48MP unit on the worldwide mannequin. The fingerprint reader is now a trendier under-display one as an alternative of a conventional side-mounted unit.
Other than these and some smaller particulars right here and there, the Realme 8 efficiently retains most different elements of the Realme 7, just like the Helio G95 chipset, 5000mAh battery and 30W charging – all by some means crammed into an all-round smaller and lighter physique than final 12 months. Colour us impressed. However, earlier than we proceed with the design tour, we should always begin with the retail package deal and its contents.
Shiny, yellow, eye-catching containers have largely been the usual for latest Realme telephones. The Realme 8 is not any exception. Past the actual coloration alternative, there may be nothing particular concerning the two-piece field. It’s good and durable and a plastic inside cradle for the cellphone itself. No complaints there.
The accent package deal is fairly wealthy. That’s to say, you get a clear tender TPU case, so you can begin utilizing the Realme 8 straight away. The charger you get is a 30W Dart unit. That comes alongside a Kind-A to Kind-C USB cable. It is a particular cable, rated to resist the total 5V@6A output of the charger. It additionally has an extra information pin for communication and negotiation with the cellphone. You’ll want to maintain on to that or else, you can be restricted to 5V@2A from the bundled charger with an everyday cable. That is one draw back of utilizing proprietary charging tech.