The Canadiens definitely do have a knack for avoiding elimination, do not they?
Bear in mind method again in Could, when the children from Montreal trailed 3-1 in opposition to the Maple Leafs? Yep, they got here again and received that collection in seven video games. The Canadiens staved off elimination on Monday night time in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final in opposition to the Lightning, too, and now they’re going to attempt to do it once more two nights later.
“We’re facing a challenge, but there’s a couple of ways to be looking at it, and you can say and be down on yourself, or you can look at a challenge and it’s an opportunity to do something special,” Canadiens coach Dominique Ducharme mentioned on Wednesday. “We’re just looking at tonight and we’re ready, excited to play that game and looking forward to that puck to drop.”
Ducharme put his traces within the outdated blender for Game 4, and the expectation is issues will be the identical for this one. In spite of everything, if it isn’t damaged, why repair it? As for the Lightning, coach Jon Cooper mentioned Alex Killorn is “doubtful.” He hasn’t performed since getting injured in Game 1.
On Wednesday, Tampa Bay will as soon as once more look to shut issues out. The Lightning are an ideal 13-0 during the last two postseasons following a loss — and a kind of wins was in Game 6 in opposition to the Stars to win the 2020 Stanley Cup.
“I don’t know, we don’t sit here and say, ‘Well, we don’t lose again after a loss.’ That’s not what we think about,” Cooper mentioned following the crew’s optionally available skate on Wednesday. “Usually, when you lose a game, there were holes in your game, whether it was structurally, mentally, whatever it may be that needs to be adjusted and the guys have done a really good job with that.
“However we do not sit right here and say, ‘We have got to maintain the streak alive’ or ‘That is all good, we do not lose after a loss.’ That could be a recipe for catastrophe and that by no means actually will get talked about till we come into this sort of setting. I identical to the way in which our guys flip the web page and dig their heels in and play after a loss, realizing that they have higher in them.”
Sporting News will be covering all of the action as the Canadiens look to stay alive in the Stanley Cup Final and force a Game 6.
Canadiens vs. Lightning live score, highlights from Game 5
(All times Eastern)
Stanley Cup 2021: Latest news
- Lightning, Canadiens battling one another, Tropical Storm Elsa
- GAME 4: Josh Anderson’s OT objective forces Stanley Cup Final Game 5
- Canadiens’ Jesperi Kotkaniemi a wholesome scratch for Stanley Cup Game 4
- Why Canadiens’ Cole Caufield will be America’s subsequent star
- Tampa mayor: Lightning ought to let Canadiens ‘win one’ to clinch Stanley Cup at residence
- Alex Killorn harm replace: Key Lightning ahead out for Game 4
- GAME 3: Tampa Bay thumps Montreal, now one win away from Stanley Cup repeat
- The place is Dominique Ducharme? Canadiens coach again for Stanley Cup Final Game 3
- GAME 2: Blake Coleman airborne objective offers Tampa Bay 2-0 lead in Stanley Cup Final
- Lightning’s Blake Coleman scores spectacular diving objective in Game 2 vs. Canadiens
- GAME 1: Tampa Bay dominates with five-spot
- The place is Dominique Ducharme? Canadiens coach misses Stanley Cup Final Game 1 resulting from COVID
- Canadiens’ Brendan Gallagher bloodies head after hitting ice in Game 1 of Stanley Cup Final
- Commissioner Gary Bettman addresses Blackhawks scandal, refereeing, 2021-22 NHL season
- Conn Smythe Trophy energy rankings, odds 2021: Carey Worth, Brayden Level amongst prime 5 candidates for NHL’s playoff MVP
- Schedule, breakdown, prediction, odds for Lightning vs. Canadiens Stanley Cup Final
- Canadiens followers outdoors Bell Centre drive lockdown inside with violent celebration
- Canadiens prepared for subsequent step in 2021 journey: Franchise’s first Stanley Cup Final since ’93
- Canadiens’ Cole Caufield continues red-hot play with objective in Game 6
- Islanders, followers sending Previous Barn out in type in last Stanley Cup playoff run
- Cigarettes and beer: Islanders followers present appreciation for Game 6 time beyond regulation win in distinctive method
- Islanders, Anthony Beauvillier drive Game 7 in (probably) final recreation at Nassau Coliseum
- Nikita Kucherov harm replace: Lightning star’s Game 7 standing in query after cross-check
- Islanders’ Ryan Pulock makes last-second save to even collection with Lightning