The Asus Zenfone 8 sequence is now official, and one factor which may have come as a shock – there isn’t any Zenfone 8 mini. It is as a result of the Zenfone 8 itself is available in a mini for issue this yr. Asus needed to make one of the crucial compact Android telephones with out compromising something – velocity, display, digicam, battery, not even stereo audio system and a 3.5mm jack. They usually did it! Meet one of the crucial intriguing telephones of the season – the Asus Zenfone 8
The compact class has been barren for fairly a while. The iPhone 12 mini was in all probability the one glimmer of hope that some Android maker may do what Apple did and what as soon as Sony favored to supply regularly – a compact but correct Android flagship.
And that is what the Zenfone 8 is all about – it revolves round a 5.9″ 120Hz AMOLED display, there’s the most recent Snapdragon 888 5G chip, a big 4,000mAh battery, a flagship dual-camera that may take broad, ultrawide, 2x lossless zoom and macro pictures. Oh, and the Zenfone 8 is waterproof, too.
Certainly, it appears Asus made certain to incorporate every little thing within the Zenfone 8 and we won’t complain. Along with all these flagship options, we also needs to be aware the presence of the little issues that typically make for the largest of troubles – there are two loud stereo audio system, a 3.5mm audio jack with Qualcomm Aqstic DAC, NFC, and even FM radio in case you are in a non-EU market.
The digicam division appears totally spectacular, too. There are solely two snappers on the again, however they’re pulling double obligation. The principle 64MP digicam with OIS is to your on a regular basis photographs, however it could possibly do 2x lossless zoom. The 12MP ultrawide shooter has a big sensor and autofocus and that is why it could possibly do macro photographs. Lastly, the 12MP selfie cam is AF-enabled, too, and it’s 4K-enabled.
The Zenfone 8 sounds unimaginable, and we won’t wait to unbox it. So, let’s take a fast look over at its specs and ger this evaluate began.
Asus Zenfone 8 specs at a look:
- Physique: 147.8×68.5×9.2mm, 165g; Gorilla Glass Victus entrance, aluminum body, Gorilla Glass 3 again; IP68-rated for mud and water resistance.
- Show: 5.9″ Tremendous AMOLED, 120Hz adaptive refresh charge; 240Hz contact sampling, HDR10+, 1080x2400px decision, 20:9 facet ratio, 445ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm): Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680); Adreno 660.
- Reminiscence: 128/256GB UFS3.1 storage; 6/8/16GB RAM.
- OS/Software program: Android 11, ZenUI 2021.
- Rear digicam: Huge (foremost): 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.7″, 0.8µm, dual-pixel PDAF, OIS, 2x lossless zoom; Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f/2.2, 14mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual-pixel PDAF, 4cm macro photographs.
- Entrance digicam: 12MP, f/2.45, 28mm, 1/2.93″, 1.22µm, dual-pixel PDAF.
- Video seize: Rear digicam: 8K@30fps, 4K@30/60/120fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 720p@480fps; gyro-EIS, HDR, three mics for audio zoom and NC; Entrance digicam: 4K @ 30fps, 1080p @ 30 / 60fps.
- Battery: 4000mAh; Quick charging 30W, QC 4.0, USB-PD 3.0.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (underneath show, optical); NFC; 3.5mm jack, stereo audio system, FM radio (non-EU fashions).
It appears there’s nothing lacking on this €599 Zenfone 8 and you’ll shade us impressed. May this be an ideal cellphone? Just one technique to discover out.
Unboxing the Asus Zenfone 8
The Zenfone 8 has the standard retail bundle – it comes with a 30W energy adapter, a USB-C-to-C cable, and a grippy plastic case.
There are not any headphones contained in the field, although the Zenfone 8 comes with an audio jack and you should utilize your favourite wired set. Plus, it is a quite reasonably priced flagship, so we might certainly excuse such an omission.